Yoga is undeniably perceived as one of the ways to be fit and healthy. It is transformational and an inspirational practice for everyone – regardless of age, gender or fitness level. Doing it doesn’t require you to be a contortionist or pressure you to be a master of flexibility. Unlike other kinds of workout, this will target not just your physical aspect but also what’s inside of you. Generally, it offers a great number of benefits in terms of mental health, physical strength and more importantly your spiritual health. As you learn different poses, you’ll also be able to connect with the things around you – the people, nature and entirely with the world.
But before we tackle the benefits of yoga thoroughly, we must understand the terminology, the philosophy and meaning behind it which built the foundation of yoga practice.
Learning the Principle of Yoga Practice
Yoga is an ancient form of training. The word “yoga” means union. The practice of yoga is the union of the mind, soul and body through the combination of different poses, meditation and proper breathing.
Actually, it is not just about the stunts and controlled breathing. It is about understanding the process which will bring you into the state where you can see reality the way it is supposed to be. It unites your energy and the energy of the world to become one. As your sensory body expands, you’ll soon feel how it can transform and elevate the sensation of being truly alive. Yoga aims to assist you in discovering yourself more by honing the best of their ability through the union of the mind, body, and soul. Whether you are inspired to be a Sanskrit Scholar or be a dedicated yogi, you’ll absolutely find incomparable joy in dwelling deeper into it. Plus greater effects on life and relationship have been proven by those who practice yoga.
How Yoga Transforms the Body
One of the reasons why yoga is being popularized is due to its’ convenience wherein you can perform it at almost anywhere. May it is at home, an open space near your house, a serene spot at the park, at the beach or any peaceful place, you can absolutely do yoga. All you need to bring is your yoga mat. When you practice yoga you are giving yourself a favor of receiving countless positive benefits, physically and mentally.
Here are a few things yoga helps:
- Lowers the risk of Heart Disease
- Improves brain health and function
- Lowers stress level
- Lowers blood pressure
- Stronger bones
- Relieves chronic back pain
- Improves lung capacity
- Improves reproductive organs
- Relieves anxiety
- Improves the balance
- Healthy weight
- Lowers blood sugar level
- Peace of mind
- Brings genuine happiness and contentment
Generally, the list can go on because the benefits are inarguably endless. And aside from helping you reach your fitness goals, you can get an added bonus – practicing self-love so you can acquire a healthier lifestyle.
Yoga Poses You Can Try At Home
These yoga poses are perfect for beginners or for those who are into yoga but have not much time. Try these to boost your entire body and soul.
- Stand tall with feet together, relax your shoulder and distribute the weight evenly to your soles, arms and sides.
- Take a deep breath and raise your hands while palms are put together. Reach toward the sky with your fingertips
- Start on all fours with hands directly under shoulders, knees and under hips.
- Take a few steps using your hands and spread the fingers wider press the palms into the mat.
- Bring your body into an inverted V while pressing shoulders away from ears. Feet should be hip-width apart and then slightly bend your knees.
- Hold into the position for three full-breaths.
- Stand with your legs in about 3 up to 4-feet apart. Place your right foot in a 90-degree angle while positioning your left foot slightly in.
- Bring your hands to your hips and relax the shoulders. Extend the arms to the side with the palms facing down.
- Stay in the position for about 1 minute and then switch sides to repeat the same pose.
- Lie on the floor and bend your knees, positioning it directly over your heels.
- Place your arms at the side ensuring your palms are facing downward.
- Inhale as you lift your hips.
- Clasps arms under lower back and press your arms down. Lift the hips parallel to the floor and bring chest toward chin. Hold the position for about a minute and then exhale as you return to the lying position.
- Extend the arms to your sides, and bend over your right leg.
- Stand with leg about 3 feet apart. Ensure that your right foot is position in a 90-degree angle while left foot is placed in a 45-degree angle.
- Touch the floor with your right hand and then rest on your right leg below or above the knee. Afterward, extend the fingertips of your left hand toward the ceiling.
- Turn your gaze toward the ceiling and hold the position for 5 breaths.
- Repeat the process for the opposite side.
You can choose any of these yoga poses we’ve shared but more importantly, learn to invest not just on a good yoga mat but rather make time to actually care for yourself – body, heart, and soul! Practice yoga and you’ll be surprised by how you can truly experience life!
Want to be updated about fitness and learn more effective tips on how to lead a fit and healthier lifestyle? Check our blog for more! Be the first one to see the latest fashion trend on fitness clothes that are chic and functional! Visit our Shop to see our featured products and get a chance to enjoy awesome offers when you join our VIP membership club. So sign-up today!